Coronavirus Update For Our Guests
Coronavirus Update – June 24th
We are opening on the July 4th for anyone who has already booked these dates prior to lockdown, we are taking new bookings from July 18th. We are currently working hard to get the site ready with the ever changing legislation being imposed on us as a business. Anyone who has a holiday booked and is due to arrive within 6 weeks can you now please pay your balance. The quickest and easiest way is to pay online, you only require your email and booking reference number, alternatively you can call 01872 560266 opt 1 however we are extremely busy getting the park ready which means we are not manning the phone constantly. Please do not send a cheque. Anyone interested in booking or has already booked must read the following rules of opening.
Trevarth Holiday Park rules/guidelines for opening in response to Covid-19
As many of you know the government announced that the holiday industry can reopen on the 4th July. It has laid out some very strict guidelines by which we are allowed to operate. These rules and guidelines are subject to change as we move forward. We have listed the main rules/guidelines below that will directly affect you as a customer. We have decided as a business to limit numbers on park to increase safety for both staff and customers. This helps with social distancing and allows us to cope more effectively what with the extra cleaning procedures that we are putting in place, however arrival times for holiday homes and tourers will still be affected. If you could now please pay your balance if you are arriving in the next 6 weeks.
Please be aware we are not allowing anyone to stay in a tent throughout 2020, and tourers/motorhomes must be fully self-sufficient due to facility closures.
• All children MUST be supervised at all times whilst on park (it is essential that all parents take note of this, as the guidelines we have received from government were insistent that this be upheld at all times)
• The shower/toilet blocks will remain closed for the entire 2020 season as well as the Dish washing cabin, Games room and Reception
• If talking to a member of staff, please allow at least 3 meters between you and the staff member. This is greater than the recommended social distancing guidelines of 1 meter + but our staff would feel happier if you could respect this, bearing in mind some of our staff are over 70 and if we were to contract Covid-19 we would be forced to close the park. In regard to other visitors staying on park please be respectful of everyone’s personal space and at no point get closer than social distancing laws permit (1 meter+)
• Holiday home Arrival and Departure: Please call us (on the mobile number that we will have previously emailed to you the week prior to your arrival) approximately 1 hr before you arrive at Trevarth (Cornish border). At this point we can inform you which unit you have been allocated and we will be able to give you an estimated time you will be able to occupy the unit this maybe as late as 6pm on a busy day (if you do not have an email please call us on 01872 560266 opt 1 and we can give you the necessary mobile number). Please do not turn up without first calling, this is to avoid too many people waiting in the car park which could cause social distancing issues. We advise you download and print the park map off of our website so that you can easily find your accommodation http://trevarth.co.uk/our-cornwall-caravan-park/holiday-park-map/ . On departure please ensure all of your dishes and cutlery have been washed and dried (this may seem a bit random but it is amazing how many people don’t) this helps reduce risk for the staff cleaning the caravan, and leave all windows throughout the caravan open so that the unit can air before being cleaned, again this is to reduce risk to staff. The key needs to be dropped off at the reception door where a box will be left for keys to be deposited
• Touring/Motorhome Arrival and Departure: On your day of arrival please do not pull on to park before 12pm (midday) this is to ensure our car park does not get too busy and that you can pull directly onto your pitch. Once you have arrived please pull up in the first car park and call the mobile number that will have been emailed to you the week prior to your arrival. A member of staff will come out and guide you to your pitch. Your touring caravan or motor home will need to be parked on the left-hand side of the pitch whilst looking toward the pitch as close to the hedge/fence as possible and your car can be parked on the right-hand side of the pitch. If on a hard standing the caravan and awning must completely fit on the hard surface and not on the grass, your car however can park on the grass beside your caravan/awning. Departure is no later than 11.30am
• Unfortunately, we are not allowing bikes and scooters to be ridden on park during 2020 this is to help negate any potential social distancing issues, as well as the fact that parents will struggle to supervise their children if they are riding their bikes/scooters
• The Laundry room will be open on a strict 1 adult in 1 adult out basis no children will be allowed in this room. Unfortunately, the iron and hairdryer will be removed again to reduce risk, as well as reducing the likelihood of a queue forming whilst waiting for someone to finish their ironing. Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit
• Should you require assistance whilst on your stay please call the phone number that we will provide, we are available during normal reception opening times (Please do not come to Reception as it is closed for 2020)
Mon – Fri 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
Saturday 9am – 6pm
Sunday 10am – 12pm
Should you require us due to an emergency then please call the same phone number (this will be emailed to you the week prior to your arrival)
• In the event you require us to come into your holiday home to fix something for example, you will first need to call us, if the issue requires immediate attention we will ask you to vacate your unit leaving all of the windows open for a minimum 30 mins before a member of staff investigates the issue (this is for staff safety). For less urgent issues we can arrange to sort out any issue whilst you are out during the day. On arrival we recommend familiarising yourselves with the fuse board location (inside the wardrobe of the double bedroom), as 99% of our callouts are due to a blown light bulb tripping the electric, in this instance it simply needs resetting by pushing the trip switch up. If you let us know that a bulb has gone, we will replace it the next time you go out
• Group bookings: If you are holidaying with other families you must abide by the ruling from the government and not enter another family’s accommodation unless you have formed a bubble with that 1 family. If you are travelling with 2 other families/couples then you cannot all meet in one caravan, you would need to meet outside and respect social distancing (This is subject to change depending on government guidelines)
• Visitors/friends/family who are not staying on park are unfortunately not permitted. This is to keep the number of people on park to a minimum
• If you have suffered a fever or any other symptoms related to Covid-19 within 14 days prior to your arrival, you MUST NOT come on holiday, please call us and we will defer your holiday to 2021
• If in the event anyone in your party feels unwell with Covid-19 related symptoms whilst staying with us, you must immediately self-isolate as per government recommendations and contact 111. Please inform us via a phone call immediately. Should you need to self-isolate in the caravan for longer than your booked stay (if the unit is available) you would be liable for the full rental cost of the unit to be paid upfront.
• Whilst we are providing hand sanitation at key locations on park, it is still advised to bring your own with you and use frequently where possible
• Car parking is provided by 2 shared car parks for holiday homes once again please apply common sense in regard to social distancing, if someone is getting in/out or loading their car please allow them time to finish and move out of the way
• Above all else please be considerate and respectful to everyone on park be it a fellow customer or a member of staff, these are stressful times for all and people have different levels of concern regarding the virus
Coronavirus Update – May 22nd
We hope you are keeping well. Whilst we are no clearer on when we will open, we are busy planning for the possibility of opening at some point during 2020. As a business we have now got to meet strict guidelines in regard to social distancing, the government guidelines state that we must follow social distancing across all areas on our park if we cannot meet these guidelines, we will either have to remain closed or close the areas that cannot be managed safely.
As such we are unable to re-open our toilet blocks, games room and dishwashing cabin, as these areas pose an increased risk to both staff and customers due to the confined space inside these facilities. We are extremely saddened to say that this means we are unable to cater for anyone staying in a tent through the 2020 season whilst social distancing is in place. Touring caravans and motorhomes will need to be completely self-sufficient in regard to showering, toileting and dishwashing (outside water points and chemical disposal facilities will still be available as usual).
Anyone booked to stay in a tent or motor homes and tourers that are unable to be self-sufficient will be able to defer their holiday to 2021 or potentially move their booking to a holiday home should they wish to do so. Another area of the park that will remain closed will be the reception as this is attached to our home, a contact number will be displayed on the reception door should you require our assistance. Arrival and departure instructions will be given nearer the time.
Bed Linen Hire
Due to Covid – 19 we will not be hiring bed linen as we would normally for our holiday home guests, this is a precaution to help protect staff during change over. Duvets and pillows will still be provided but you will need to bring a bottom sheet, duvet cover and pillowcases. Anyone who has already ordered linen will have it cancelled from your booking and confirmation will be sent via email. So please ensure you bring your own.
Over the coming weeks we will be honing our guidelines as to how we plan to operate, informing you of how and when to arrive for your holiday, what to do should you need assistance during your stay and such forth. This all takes time and is a first for all of us, so we appreciate your patience.
Please note the above measures have been put in place in order to follow the guidelines laid out by the government for the safety of all our guests and staff.
Please remember not to pay your holiday balance until we confirm exactly when we will be opening.
From all at Trevarth Holiday Park
Coronavirus Update – May 18th
We hope you are all keeping safe and well. The last few weeks have certainly been hard for everyone and I feel we have a way to go yet, until we can get back to anything that resembles normal life.
We just wanted to update you on our current situation. The government has announced that the hospitality sector will remain closed until at least the 4th July, this includes us. Please note that this statement does not mean that we will be open on the 4th July, just that we know for sure that we are closed until then.
Anyone who has booked a holiday to arrive before the 4th July has automatically been cancelled and any money invested into that holiday will be held for you to use in 2021. Please note there is no need to worry about choosing dates now you can call us anytime either later this year or next to arrange new dates.
We are not currently deferring any holidays that are booked after the 4th July at this moment in time as we are uncertain whether we will be open or closed. Obviously if we are closed you will have the same opportunity to use your money for a 2021 holiday.
Please do not pay any balances until we notify you when we can open. Should you receive an automated balance reminder please ignore it.
For those people who have got a holiday booked during 2020 (after the 4th July) please ensure you have valid travel insurance as we are unable to offer the chance to defer your booking should you be unable to visit for any reason other than if we are closed.
We are now accepting online bookings for 2021 – so please click here to browse availability.
Kind regards from all at Trevarth